Liebster Award Nomination
I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. What is that? It is a shout out/meet and greet for bloggers. It is a great way to find new blogs and learn a little more about some of your favorites. This was a lot of fun to participate in. Although Cheese Acres is a family farm, I do all the blogging, so I guess I will answer all the questions! Please be sure to check out all of the blogs I have nominated.
Thanks so much to Linn Acres for nominating us! Please be sure to visit their blog at http://www.linnacres.blogspot.com
The Liebster Award is simple:
– Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
– Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
– Give eleven random facts about yourself.
– Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (*that have less than 200 followers) Hopefully I didn’t nominate someone who has been nominated. If so you are free to pass!
– Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
– Give them eleven questions to answer.
*I tried very hard to search through blogs and check the number of followers. Some don’t have it posted and this became a time consuming task. I was hopping back and forth from blogger to word press to all over the place so I nominated those on WordPress who have frequented my blog and those with similar interests. They all have great pages! There were so many more I could have chosen as well!
Questions that were given to me:
1. Where are you from? I was actually born in North Carolina but I have lived most of my life in good ole South Georgia.
2. What is your favorite food or recipe? Favorite? I just like food, lol. Seriously, I love a good home cooked meal with peas, green beans, mashed potatoes, mustard greens, etc. good ole southern cooking!
3. Do you prefer summer or winter? Summer
4. Why did you start blogging? Good question. One day my husband said “next thing I know you’ll be blogging too” and I said no, I don’t have time for that, but the more I thought about it the more I thought it would help get word out about our business and I have a lot to say. 🙂
5. Is there anything you’d like to change in your life? Sure, mistakes I’ve made. I’d love to have a re-do.
6. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving or Easter. I love them both.
7. What is your favorite thing to do with your free time? Read, walk, hike when I am in the mountains.
8. Do you have a daily routine? Pretty much.
9. Do you have any pets and if so what are their names? Yes. 3 dogs: Dakota, Gracie and Sara Lee and 1 cat, Lynxie.
10. What is one of your favorite books? Anything by Janette Oke.
11. What would you do if you suddenly won the lottery? Pay bills!
11 Random facts about me
1. I love to read
2. I hate driving at night
3. I fall asleep while my husband drives every time we go on a trip.
4. I have a chronic lung disease that is under control somewhat.
5. My grandson Noah is almost 2 and is my heart and joy!
6. I need my coffee in the morning.
7. I am not a morning person.
8. I like to keep the house cool so I can snuggle up in a blanket.
9. We got our farm name Cheese Acres from my name- Veletta.
10. My favorite color is purple.
11. I want bees and goats!
My Liebster Award Nominees are: (In no particular order)
Looking out the Window
Oak Hill Homestead
This M Word
Welcome to Humpy Creek
For the Love of Living Things
Slice of Southern Pie
*Apologies to everyone, this post was set to private and I could not change it!
Questions for my nominees:
1. Have you always lived in the State/Providence,etc that you are in now?
2. How did you get your farm/homestead/blog name?
3. Do you eat out much or prepare meals when traveling?
4. What varieties of critters do you have?
5. Is there a certain animal you want but don’t have yet?
6. What is your favorite season.
7. Are you person or evening person?
8. Who does the cooking in your house? Him or her?
9. Are you a go with the flow kind of person or do you like to keep a plan?
10. How long have you been blogging?
11. Why did you start blogging?